The Future Visions Anthologies is a monthly science fiction anthology publication, aiming to deliver excellent and diverse short story collections on a monthly basis. In the tradition of great television anthology series such as The Twilight Zone, and Black Mirror, the Future Visions Anthologies will broadly explore all genres and traditions of science fiction, seeking in each story to find themes relevant to a modern audience.
The Future Visions Anthologiesseeks to bring diversity to all aspects of its publication, from the stories and authors to the themes and genres. All authors may apply regardless of age, race, gender, religion, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
The Future Visions Anthologies seeks to engage authors with fair and equitable terms through participation in the anthologies. The anthologies will be enrolled in Kindle Unlimited for an initial three-month term, during which stories will be exclusive to the anthology. After this, anthologies and will continue be available as an ebook (not in KU) for an additional nine-month term. During this term, partial publication rights will return to the author to publish as an ebook, except for in KU. After one year, the ebook will be unpublished, returning all rights to the author.
Payment will be based on a profit-share model with a guaranteed minimum payment by a pre-determined date. Specific terms will be available after initial acceptance of the author's story.
- Authors must read and be in agreement with the above submitting.
- Submissions must be original, never before published works.
- There is no fee to submit.
- Stories should be relevant to the themes stated on the "Anthologies" page.
- Adult language and sexual situations are permitted (no erotica or X-rated material).
- Maximum Word Count is 7k words (exceptions for up to one story per anthology can be made).
- Formatting: 12pt Times New Roman font with 1.5-line spacing; 1-inch margins on all sides; no extra spaces between paragraphs; leading indentations, but no tabs.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include "Future Visions Short Story Submission" in the header and the following information in the body of the email:
- Author Name
- Story Title
- Word Count
- Brief Bio
Submissions that do not follow the above guidelines will not be considered.
Submissions are currently open.